CHAW's B&W Photography Darkroom and Digital Lab require an initial orientation to cover general information and policies about space use and equipment. This is not an instructional orientation, users must be familiar with general darkroom workflow and processes. The photography studio is a shared space, please be mindful that there may be classes running in the main room while you are using the darkroom. Use of the Digital Lab is not available if a class is running. Patrons must provide their own printing paper and paper developer. All other equipment and chemistry are available.
If you have no prior knowledge, we regularly offer an introduction to the darkroom class. Check out the class listings here.
To schedule a darkroom orientation please contact Katherine Akey
- 6 - Besler enlargers
- All printing equipment (film holders, contrast filters, easels, ect.)
- Film Chemistry - All provided (D-76 1:1 for processing)
- Paper Chemistry - Stop Bath and Fix (Paper Developer not provided)
- Two double sinks with all processing supplies (trays, tongs, measuring cups, etc.)
- paper drying rack screens
- film drying cabinet
- 2 computer workstations
- Canon Pixma Pro 100
- Epson Perfection 4490 Scanner
- Light table for reviewing negatives
- Ample countertop workspace