Help us raise $70,000 in 70 days
Why $70,000? Because that is what it takes to insure no one is ever turned away at CHAW for inability to pay.
Through CHAW’s tuition assistance program, we are able offer free and subsidized after school arts instructions, private music lessons, classes and workshops and outreach programming to anyone who needs it. Tuition assistance insures we are inclusive. It enables us to connect with organizations outside of our walls. It makes real our mission of building community through the arts.
Springtime at CHAW means it’s Paint Bucket season. Paint Bucket is our annual campaign aimed at raising the funds needed to support this incredible program, 90% of which goes to children.
The benefits of the arts are well documented: Confidence, creativity, problem solving, perseverance, focus, non-verbal communication, collaboration, dedication and the ability to receive feedback (to name a few!) These benefits are even more pronounced for students from low-socioeconomic backgrounds, but harsh reality is that those students receive less arts instruction than their peers.
You can help us correct that balance.
A donation of any size has an immediate and significant impact:
- $25 = 1.5 hours of after-school arts instruction
- $50 = 1 hour piano lesson for a student who can’t afford tuition
- $100 = 1 month of gas so the CHAW vans can pick kids up for after-school programming
- $250 = 2 weeks of art supplies for all after-school classes
- $500 = Allows us to pay a teaching artist for a full off-site project, bringing the arts into community spaces for underserved youth
- $1000 = 2 weeks of full-day summer camp for one student with before- and after-care
- $2500 = 4 days of after-school arts with van service for one student for a full semester
Revenue from our classes only covers about 60% of our operating expenses, and, as you are probably well aware, government funding for the arts is tenuous. It is our collective responsibility, as community that values art as a way of life, to make sure that CHAW is within reach for anyone who want to attend. Your donation is an investment in the belief that everyone deserves that way of life.
Donating is easy and it will make you feel good!
- Call us at 202-547-6839, email email@example.com, or stop by the front desk
- Engage with Matching/Workplace Giving: CFC #71262 and United Way #8618
Amy Moore, Executive Director