THE RESIDENT ARTIST WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE FOLLOWING DURING HIS/HER RESIDENCIES:
- Work in the gallery at CHAW for a minimum of 10 hours/week.
- Welcome the public during exhibition opening receptions.
- Present an artist talk, workshop, screening, and/or other mutually agreed upon public event.
- Create documentation of the artist’s creative process during the course of the residency. This might take the form of blogging, video, journal, or social media, to be confirmed in conversation with the artist.
- Donate one piece of art to the show sponsor.
- Donate one piece to the CHAW permanent collection.
CHAW will provide:
- A $1000 stipend
- Print and social media promotion
- Opening reception for the public with refreshments
- Refreshments, if appropriate, for workshop or other public event
REQUIRED MATERIALS INCLUDE:
- Images: Submit 10 images of work produced during the last three years. Work samples can be a combination of high resolution jpgs and time-based media (*up to 10 minutes total).
- For collaborative teams, 10 images of collaborative work are required as well as a statement of the collaborative nature of the work.
- Two minutes of video, film, sound or performance documentation = one work.
- Image Requirements: 10 images of work are required. They must be in .jpg file format. Longest side must be 1280 pixels or greater.. Maximum file size 2MB per image. Files must be labeled in the following way: last name_title of artwork_1.jpg, last name_title of artwork_2.jpg, etc. The file number corresponds with the number on the list of works. (Ex. Jones_Untitled_1.jpg)
- List of Works Form- Numbered list of artworks with the following information: artist name, title of artwork, medium, dimensions.
- One document containing the following information, in the following order:
Brief Artist Bio (100 words max.)
Artist Statement (100 words max.)
- List of Works Form: Numbered list of artworks, corresponding to the file names of supplied images, and including medium, dimensions.
- Residency proposal:
- Describe your project, goals for the residency, and how you might engage with the community or use community resources. You may include a drawing or representative images to help describe your specific proposal. (750 words max.)
- $35 application fee
All applications will be reviewed by a panel of artists and arts professionals.
Call Closes: September 15, 2018 at midnight
Notification: October 15, 2018
Residency: January 7, 2019-February 18th 2019