It takes a village to raise great artists! Through our program partnerships we connect more people with a more creative experiences.
- Music Together ® is children and their grownups joyfully sharing songs, rhymes, movement, and instrument play, both in music class and in their daily lives. A pioneer in early childhood music and movement education, Music Together offers classes for children from birth through kindergarten, in which parents and caregivers actively participate. All children are sounders and movers, and their natural aptitude for music blossoms in a sufficiently rich music environment. In fact, when given a supportive music environment, children learn to sing and dance as naturally as they learn to walk and talk. How is this possible? Children learn differently than adults. They learn instinctively and constantly. They teach themselves through imitation and play, through being immersed in their environment, and through every interaction with adults and older children. The family-like setting of Music Together's mixed-age classes enables siblings to attend together, creating an ideal learning environment where infants, toddlers, and preschoolers can freely participate at their own levels.
- Homeless Children’s Playtime Project (HCPP) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the belief that play is a human right that all children deserve, regardless of housing status. CHAW believes that art is fundamental to play. HCPP helps connect families living in homelessness with free classes, camps and activities provided by CHAW.
- Taffety Punk Theatre Company is CHAW’s Theater in Residence. A dynamic ensemble of actors, dancers and musicians, TPTC ignites public passion for theatre by making the classical and the contemporary exciting, meaningful and affordable.
- Light Switch Dance Theatre (est. June 2013) is a site-specific project based company dedicated to multi-disciplinary performances in non-traditional spaces. Sandra C. Atkinson, MA (Founder/Artistic Director) creates socially conscious art driven by the human condition. LSDT strives to make every space an interactive artistic place.
- Capitol Learning Academy is a multi-age, private, progressive elementary school located blocks away from CHAW! We believe in teaching students important skills to set them up for success in the unpredictable future. Students work independently and in small groups throughout their days, learning time management, cooperative, and foundational skills. Our indexed tuition model allows us to calculate a tuition amount unique to each family, based on household income, and creates an intentional socio-economic diversity amongst our students and families. Students will learn to represent their own perspectives as well as be open to hearing those of others, and broadening their views as a result. We believe in the benefit of community, and as such we take advantage of local community resources in order to provide a robust education to our students. We use public parks for recess and PE, local counseling services, the Southeast Public Library, and of course CHAW for Art and Music lessons. Our students are out and about, walking the streets of Capitol Hill every day!